CHEEZ-IT™-BOWL SWEEPSTAKES FOR KWIK TRIP®
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION. The Cheez-It™ Bowl Sweepstakes for Kwik Trip® (“Sweepstakes”) is a purchase entry, a Kwik Rewards Points Spend entry and a mail-in entry Sweepstakes that begins on 12/11/19 and ends on 1/31/20 (“Promotion Period”). For purposes of these Official Rules, a “Day” is defined as each twenty-four (24) hour period during the Promotion Period beginning at 2:00:00 PM (CT) and ending at 11:59:59 PM (CT). In this Sweepstakes, there will be one (1) Grand Prize winner for the Promotion Period. Methods of entry, prize descriptions and other related details are more fully described below.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the states of Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Kellogg Company (“Sponsor”), Kwik Trip, Inc. (“Administrator”), participating retail stores, their respective parent companies, franchisees, affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone else connected with the production and distribution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are three (3) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
- Kwik Rewards Points Spend Entry. To enter through this method, an eligible entrant must be a registered Kwik Rewards account member with sufficient Kwik Rewards Points in his/her account. During the Promotion Period, log in to your Kwik Rewards account at www.kwikrewards.com or via the Kwik Rewards mobile app on iOS or Android, navigate to the Sweepstakes section and follow the on‑screen prompts to spend a designated number of eligible points for entry into the Sweepstakes. Kwik Rewards Base, Plus and Legacy members will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes per Rewards Visit spent and Kwik Rewards Fleet members will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes per ten (10) Rewards Fleet points spent (as per the listed number of “Entries to Spend” in your Fleet account) (collectively, “Qualifying Points Spend”). All Qualifying Points Spend entries must be completed by 11:59:59 PM (CT) on 1/31/20.
- Mail-in Entry. To enter the Sweepstakes without a purchase, hand write on a 3”x 5” piece of paper, your full name, street address (no P.O. boxes), email address (optional), age and daytime phone number, and mail in an envelope with sufficient postage affixed to: Cheez-It™ Bowl Sweepstakes for Kwik Trip®, Attn: Entry, P.O. Box 7721, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-7721. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by 1/31/20 and received by 2/7/20.
Limit: There is no limit to the number of Sweepstakes entries per person and/or method of entry during the Promotion Period; combination of methods entry will be accepted.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, damaged, postage due or mutilated mail. No mechanically reproduced, altered, forged, or facsimile entries will be accepted. Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Promotion Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Only fully completed entries are eligible. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an App entry and/or Points Spend entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the Kwik Rewards account is registered, provided that person meets all eligibility criteria set forth in these Official Rules.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about 2/8/20 from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period by Sponsor or its designee, whose decisions are final and binding. Potential winner will be notified by phone, email or mail (if required by law) at Sponsor’s discretion. The potential winner will be notified within seven (7) days of the completion of the drawing with instructions on how to verify eligibility and claim the prize using contact information provided or collected at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within three (3) business days (seven (7) business days if contacted via mail) of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to two (2) potential winners in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
5. PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV)/ODDS: One (1) Grand Prize is available to be awarded – The Grand Prize winner will receive the Grand Prize (“Grand Prize”) which consists of a 4-day/3-night trip for winner and one (1) guest to the 2020 Cheez-It® Bowl in Phoenix, AZ (ARV $3,800). Grand Prize trip includes: round-trip coach air transportation for winner and one (1) guest between a major commercial airport in the United States closest to the winner’s primary U.S. residence (as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) and Phoenix, AZ; standard double-occupancy hotel accommodations consisting of one (1) room for three (3) nights; and the opportunity for winner and his/her guest to attend the 2020 Cheez-It® Bowl game in Phoenix, AZ in late December 2020. Trip must be taken on dates designated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. No transfer or substitution of trip elements will be permitted. Winner and his/her guest must depart/return from the same major airport and travel on same itinerary. Trip does not include taxes, meals, tips, gratuities, service charges, hotel room service, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, local and long distance telephone calls, airport charges, or any other service or item not specifically described above. Trip is not redeemable for cash. Actual retail value of prize may vary depending on location of winner’s residence and may fluctuate due to market conditions, changes in value of components, (e.g. air transportation and hotel rates) and other reasons. In the event any scheduled event associated with the prize and/or any other component of the prize is cancelled, delayed, or postponed for any reason outside the control of the Sponsor, Sponsor will have no further obligation, other than to award the remainder of the prize. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received from all entry methods combined. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Grand Prize winner will receive an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize for the tax year in which the prize was awarded.
6. GENERAL: Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and, where permitted by law, Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days after first notification attempt. Guest of Grand Prize winner (for minor child, his/her parent or legal guardian must be the Grand Prize winner and must sign on their behalf) must sign and return a Liability/Publicity Release prior to awarding of prize. If prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. No correspondence will be acknowledged. No cash equivalents, substitutions or transfer of prize permitted except that Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. By entering Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless, Kellogg Company, Kwik Trip, Inc., participating retail stores and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, limited liability companies, affiliates, franchisees, directors, officers, employees, assigns and their respective agents and agencies (“Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. Entrants and winner (i.e. entrant that accepts a prize) release and agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims and liability out of acceptance, possession, use or misuses of prize, or participation in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in the Sweepstakes or any prize-related activities. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, voice, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, unless prohibited by law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
7. LIMITATIONS AND RELEASES: Any attempted form of entry into the Sweepstakes, other than the entry methods stated, is prohibited. Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, late, mutilated or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, software, electronic, network, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, errors in transmission, lost or unavailable network connections, telephone connections, wireless phone connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture or entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed transmissions which may limit or restrict an participant’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the App entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes; and award the prizes from among all eligible non-suspect entries received from all methods combined up to the action taken by the Sponsor provided a sufficient number of eligible entries have been received. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
8. PRIVACY: For information about how the Sponsor uses your personal information, please see its privacy statement, located at https://www.kelloggcompany.com/en_US/privacy-policy.html.
9. Governing Law/Jurisdiction: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
10. WINNER’S LIST: For name of winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 3/25/20 to: Cheez-It™ Bowl Sweepstakes for Kwik Trip®, Attn: Winner’s List, P.O. Box 7999, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-7999. Winner’s list to be available after 1/25/20. Winner’s list will also be available at kwiktrip.com/sweepstakes.
11. SPONSOR: Kellogg Company, One Kellogg Square, Battle Creek, MI
12. ADMINISTRATOR: Kwik Trip, Inc., 1626 Oak Street, P.O. Box 2107, La Crosse, WI 54602.
®, ™, © 2019 Kellogg NA Co.
All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved.